Texting from the Sinai: Learning to Relate to God and Others - Part 3 - Amazing Grace - Exodus 20:4-6
· If prayer (holiness of God) __________ (adopting His Kingdom & His Will) then the 10 texts from Sinai help us ___________________ (expand His Holiness).
V. 4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything…”
- _________________ is the most narcissistic experience
V. 4b “in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below”
- the 10 texts are not against the expression of ___________ but against the
__________________ what we can potentially create.
V. 5a “You shall not bow down to them or worship them…”
- don’t focus on your ______ for worship, excel on the _____ of your worship!
V. 5b “for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God…”
- ____________ = word to describe God’s love
V.5c “punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and forth generation of those who hate me,”
- we don’t just pass on the consequences of our ___ to our children but
a lifestyle of _____________
- How do you know if you love God?
V.6 “but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandment
- __________: we all deserve death
- __________: God sacrifices His Son to give us life (earth & heaven)