CCM 0112 Baptist History and Distinctives - Chapter 3
1. How might the modern practice of baptizing young children parallel the Puritans’ infant baptisms and its subsequent problems?
2. How might a focus on numerical growth lead churches away from an emphasis on a generate membership?
3. How might modern Baptists make Christian profession or church membership the socially respectable or culturally expected thing to do?
4. Do Baptists or evangelical Christians expect a “most favored faith” status today? Are there some groups who should not have full religious liberty today? Who? Why?
5. What might Leland thin of the modern use of confessional statements and resolutions to determine which individuals or congregations are “in cooperation” with larger groups such as associations or conventions? How are we responding to dissent in our churches and conventions?