The Family Project - Part 9 - Children as Image Bearers - Matthew 10:34-38; 19:14
The Family Project - Part 9
Children as Image Bearers - Matthew 10:34-38; 19:14
Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
Jesus’ View of Children
- ___________ the common person (3rd Place) Earth
- ___________ children (1st Place) Heaven
Children’s view of Jesus - Matthew 10:34-38
v. 34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
- Jesus _________ a new perspective of life (decisions)
v. 35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
- radical ___________ to Christ (beyond earthly ties)
v. 37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
- ___________ is a life-long commitment of fellowship and obedience
V. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
- we must _____ the cost to follow Christ (death to self)