FBC Pharr seeking a Bi-Vocational Worship Pastor
First Baptist Church Pharr
Bi-Vocational Worship Pastor
First Baptist Church is seeking a dynamic and gifted Bi-Vocational Worship Pastor to provide fresh vision and vibrancy to the worship ministry. This person should be able to lead worshippers to a life style of full devotion to Christ and to make disciples by embracing and expressing the core values of First Baptist Church Pharr with the worship ministry volunteers by (1) Loving God in corporate worship, (2) Loving Others through community groups & (3) Loving the World within community/outreach ministry service.
The Worship Pastor will:
- Develop and oversee each service’s worship experience (traditional style, Contemporary Spanish and English) in collaboration with the Lead Pastor.
- Direct, develop, enlist and train the main worship team.
- Lead and direct worship rehearsals.
- Have materials ready for worship team(s): printed music, audio and clear plan of rehearsals (how transitions will be during the set).
- Select and assist in the purchase of worship and music resources and musicians.
- Finalize details and run downs for every service.
- Be able to grow the worship ministry by developing teams of leaders among volunteers and influencers of all worship leaders in the church.
- Have the opportunity to shape and mold the Worship Ministry with the broader vision of the church.
- Be an effective builder of ministries for special events such as: 5th Sunday sing, Christmas Program, Community Concerts and VBS celebration team.
Anticipated Time commitments:
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: ten hours a week
- Participating in meetings/training: one hour a week
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and certification in music ministry desired but not required (if candidate does not possess these certification, they must be willing to continue their education while employed at FBC Pharr).
- Bilingual Preferred.
- Some experience in working with worship teams in any given capacity is required.
Resumes can be sent Attn. Worship Search Team Leader to FBC Pharr 400 W. Ridge Rd. Pharr, Texas 78577 or email to: email@example.com
Dateline to apply:
October 02, 2015