Chapter 4 - The Early Pauline Epistles: 1 & 2 Thessalonians and Galatians
Italy's 'big babies': court orders father to pay for upkeep of 28-year-old son
- Why was Paul's salutation and conclusion in the Galatian epistle different from other epistles?
- What criticisms were directed against Paul by Judaizers? Why did they react to his teachings?
- Why were Paul's visits to Jerusalem such an important issue to Galatians?
- Why would Peter and Barnabas have withdrawn from eating with Gentiles in the light of Peter's vision in Joppa, the missionary experience among Gentiles by Barnabas, and the Jerusalem conference decisions?
- Contrast righteousness by the Law and righteousness by faith.
- Why does freedom from the Law not lead to libertinism for true believers?
- What did Paul mean by "ye are fallen from grace" (Gal. 5:4)
- Briefly explain the allegory of Sarah and Hagar.
- Why did Paul have Timothy circumcised but refuse to circumcise Titus?
- What is the role of "law" in Christianity?